Nutrition Teaching Project
Teaching Project Guidelines
Topic: Fat restricted and cholesterol restricted-
· Purpose: The purpose of the patient/family teaching project is to develop and implement a teaching plan for a
geriatric patient utilizing teaching learning principles.
· Objectives: By the conclusion of the presentation, the students will be able to:
· State the various indications for a specified diet
· Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet
· Describe food/fluid restrictions appropriate for diet or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs?
· Describe how to present a short nutritional teaching plan to a patient& family with cultural differences.
· Apply current research related to the nutrition topic.
· Utilize teaching experience rubric for essential criteria.
· The paper should be between 3-5 pages (not including title page and references).
· The paper must be typed and conform to APA format.
· A minimum of two references are required.
· Written paper is due during the 7th week on the assigned clinical day.