Research Critique Guidelines – Part II
Use this document to organize your essay. Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide a rationale, include examples, and reference content from the studies in your responses.
1. Introduce your nursing practice problem and discuss the purpose of your paper.
2. State your PICOT question.
Background of Studies
1. Summary of studies including problem, significance to nursing, purpose, objective, and research question.
How Do These Two Articles Support the Nursing Practice Problem You Chose?
1. Discuss how these two articles will be used to answer your PICOT question.
2. Describe how the interventions and comparison groups in the articles compare to those identified in your PICOT question.
Method of Studies
1. State the methods of the two articles you are comparing and describe how they are different.
2. State one benefit and one limitation of each method you have identified.
Results of Studies
1. Summarize the key findings of each study in one or two comprehensive paragraphs.
2. What are the implications of the two studies in nursing practice?
1. Discuss two ethical considerations in conducting research.
2. Describe how the researchers in the two articles you choose took these ethical considerations into account while performing their research.
1. Your conclusion should summarize the main points in the essay, including a varied restatement of the thesis.
Research Critique Guidelines – Part II
In this assignment, you will create a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of two quantitative research studies.
For this assignment, use the nursing practice problem and two qualitative peer-reviewed research articles you identified in Topic 1 (Find the attached two articles below). In a 1,000-word essay, summarize two quantitative studies.
Use the “Research Critique Guidelines-Part II” (FIND IT ATTACHED) document to organize your essay.
You are required to cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years, appropriate for the assignment criteria, and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
TOPIC: Nurse-led protocols to prevent CAUTI
In hospitalized patients (P), does the implementation of nurse-driven protocol like timely catheter removal (I), compared to no nurse-led protocol (C), prevent or reduce the risk of CAUTI (O) in a period of 30 days (T)?
Two qualitative research studies.
Timmons, B., Vess, J., & Conner, B. (2017). Nurse-driven protocol to reduce indwelling catheter dwell time: a health care improvement initiative. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 32(2), 104–107. DOI: 10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000221
Tyson, A. F., Campbell, E. F., Spangler, L. R., Ross, S. W., Reinke, C. E., Passaretti, C. L., & Sing, R. F. (2020). Implementing a nurse-driven protocol for catheter removal to decrease catheter-associated urinary tract infection rate in a surgical trauma ICU. Journal of intensive care medicine, 35(8), 738–744. DOI: 10.1177/0885066618781304
Special offer! Get 15 - 30% discount on all orders - Check Coupons Section
Essay Help for Your Convenience
We Offer the Custom Writing Service with 3 Key Benefits
Our team of professional writers guarantees top-quality custom essay writing results.
Get 24⁄7 help with proofreading and editing your draft – fixing the grammar, spelling, or formatting of your custom writing.
We guarantee a perfect price-quality balance to all students. The more pages you order, the less you pay.
Benefit From App Essay Writers Extras
Along with our writing, editing, and proofreading skills, we want to make sure you get real bang for your buck, which is why we provide all these extra features.
Custom Essay Writing Service
Get your custom writings in the best quality: