Part-A: Case Study Max Marks-7.5
Read the Chapter Case Study “The Coffee Wars” from Chapter No- 2 “Developing Marketing Strategies and a Marketing Plan” Page: – 58 and 59 given in your textbook/E-book – “Marketing” (8th ed.) by Dhruv. Grewal and Michael Levy (2022) and answer the following Questions:
1. Perform a SWOT analysis for Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts. Based on your analysis, in which company would you invest? Justify your answer.(2.5 Marks)
2. Which growth strategies have been pursued by Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts in the past? Which strategies do you believe will be most successful for the two firms in the future? Why? .(2.5 Marks)
3. Which marketing metrics would be most helpful for an executive in charge of developing new products for a coffee chain? .(2.5 Marks)
Part-B: Critical Thinking Max Marks-7.5
Reading required: – Read Chapter 1, 3 and 6 carefully and then answer the following questions based on your understanding.
1. Based on the differences discussed between needs and wants in Chapter-1, when companies that sell coffee and develop their marketing strategy, do you think they concentrate on satisfying their customers’ needs or wants? If yes how? What about a utility company, such as the Saudi Electricity company? A humanitarian agency, such as King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center? Critically examine. Chapter-1. (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
2. As an intern for Starbucks, you have been asked to develop a social media campaign for a new latte. The objective of the campaign is to increase awareness and trial of this new line. Use the listen-analyze-do framework discussed in Ch-3 to outline a new campaign.
Chapter-3 (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
3. You are planning to go for a Thursday night outing at a fine restaurant with your friends. When evaluating different alternatives, how you can differentiate between the universal set, the retrieval set, and the evoked set discussed in Chapter-6. From which set of alternatives point of view, most likely you would choose the restaurant? Explain.
Chapter-6 (2.5 Marks) (Minimum 150 words)
Important Notes: –
• For each question, you need to answer not in less than 150 Words.
• Support your answers with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles etc.
• Use APA style for writing references.
Differentiate between wants and needs (in this question you need to go through chapter 1)
Do you think the following concentrate in satisfying customer needs and wants and if your answer is yest, justify your answer:
• companies that sell coffee and develop their marketing strategy
• utility company, such as the Saudi Electricity company?
• A humanitarian agency, such as King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center
Reference: How Do Firms Engage Their Customers?
Exhibit 3.4: Social Media Engagement Process (chapter 3, slide 30)
• you need to differentiate between three types of sets: universal, retrieval, and evoked (chapter 6, slide 10)
• which set of alternatives point of view, most likely you would choose the restaurant? Explain.