Many subjects of curiosity and significance are coated throughout the course; Week eight, particularly, gives a possibility to discover a number of, typically ignored subjects which are important to our understanding within the dialogue of the psychology of catastrophe. On your course challenge, you might be tasked with deciding on one of many following areas, introduced throughout week seven of the course, and inspecting a catastrophe occasion, utilizing the chosen space as the inspiration of your work. The areas from which you’ll choose embody:
· Secondary Traumatic Stress (Results of disasters on first responders/BH suppliers)
· Environmental Vulnerabilities and Concerns
· Crucial Infrastructure Failures
· Catastrophe in Faculty Environments
· In a eight to 12 slide PowerPoint presentation, establish a latest catastrophe occasion (inside the latest 10 years), offering an outline of the most important occasions of the catastrophe main as much as, throughout, and after the occasion, to the extent doable.
o Incorporating the chosen space above, focus on, with element and help, how the realm is illustrated within the catastrophe occasion.
· Discover how the chosen factor influenced catastrophe response efforts.
o Present particulars of the methods wherein these influences have been noticed.
o Talk about any boundaries introduced by the chosen factor in offering effectual behavioral well being interventions.
· Put together a plan describing how the challenges skilled may be extra successfully navigated utilizing the ideas of catastrophe behavioral well being discovered all through the course.
o Share the steps and assets you’ll deploy to beat or keep away from the challenges confronted within the chosen factor.
In creating your work, be sure you depend on tutorial, scholarly sources to help the definitions and proposals supplied. Make sure the plan introduced is predicated upon evidenced primarily based practices established within the area as efficient in addressing psychological wants in catastrophe settings.
Work needs to be submitted in a PowerPoint file or different appropriate file, and be eight to 12 slides in size, excluding the required title slide and separate reference slide. Detailed speaker notes ought to accompany slides containing principally bullet level knowledge to incorporate the main points anticipated within the directions above.
Scholarly sources needs to be cited each in-text and on the reference web page of the submission. A minimal of three tutorial, scholarly sources are required to be cited within the work.