Think about you’re a psychological well being counselor who has a brand new shopper named Jackie. Overview her case examine.
Jackie, a 35-year-old Japanese-American lady, has just lately felt depressed and remoted. She experiences that over the previous three months she has had frequent crying spells, hassle sleeping by means of the night time, and issue find pleasure within the actions she used to take pleasure in. A couple of days in the past, she visited her household physician to rule out any underlying bodily or medical issues which may be inflicting her depressive signs. None had been discovered. Though some depressive signs had been noticed, the doctor didn’t really feel they had been notable sufficient to require medicine nowadays. The doctor really useful that Jackie search counseling providers to alleviate her signs. Therefore, Jackie has scheduled an appointment with you.
Throughout her consumption session, Jackie experiences feeling depressed and drained on most days. After sustaining an damage to her proper ankle eighteen months in the past, she grew to become sedentary. This resulted in weight acquire of roughly twenty-five kilos. Though her ankle damage has healed, she not engages within the bodily exercise of taking part in tennis that she as soon as loved. She experiences feeling out of form and is reluctant to take up the game on account of her added weight. She has misplaced contact along with her associates on the tennis membership on account of her lack of involvement within the sport and experiences feeling remoted.
Jackie works at a neighborhood house enchancment retailer, a job she used to take pleasure in. As a consequence of her ankle damage, she not works on the money register however is now at a desk within the again room documenting stock.
Jackie has two youngsters: a daughter who’s ten, and a son who’s 13. She had them when she was in her early twenties. Jackie experiences that she was as soon as very concerned along with her youngsters’s lives. Nonetheless, now she has restricted vitality and is never capable of absolutely interact with them or their actions.
Jackie additional explains that she desires reduction from her depressive signs.
As Jackie’s psychological well being counselor, develop a advice of therapy that applies and justifies the usage of the constructive psychology mannequin. Embody the next elements in your advice of the therapy:
Half 1: Basic evaluation of Jackie’s wants
- Assess Jackie’s wants from a constructive psychology viewpoint.
Half 2: Utility of the 5 ideas of constructive psychology as directed by Jackie’s present scenario and desired adjustments
- Embody the next sections on this half:
- Analyze the idea of the full-life (the nice life, the great life, the significant life) because it seems in Jackie’s scenario. You’ll want to clearly outline every of those theories along with offering particular particulars from the case state of affairs.
- Assess Jackie’s signature strengths and clearly clarify the way you assessed them with Jackie. Suggest signature strengths which are acceptable for Jackie and clarify why they’re necessary for her enchancment.
- Establish Jackie’s prior move experiences and suggest move actions which are acceptable for Jackie at this level. Be sure to clarify the idea of move.
- Suggest particular constructive exercise interventions (PAI) for Jackie. Clarify why these PAIs are most acceptable for Jackie.
- Clarify why change is troublesome for individuals from a constructive psychology perspective. Embody a distinction of constructive psychology ideas (give attention to strengths) and psychopathology (give attention to sickness). Then, clarify how constructive psychology ideas help within the change course of. Use Jackie’s scenario for examples.
Write a four–5-page paper in Phrase format. Apply APA requirements to quotation of sources.