Health Care Profiles and Plans for Change
From your work in Week 1, you have already read about shared decision-making aids; the Healthcare Belief Model (HBM) and Transtheoretical Stages of Change (TTM). Review resources from the Week 1 assignment to assist you in this assignment.
It is recognized that achieving and maintaining a normal weight is a foundational goal of good health. The Healthy People 2030 initiative, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, lists nutrition and healthy eating, as well as physical activity, as health behaviors to be incorporated by the U.S. population. For this reason, many resources and decision aids have been developed to assist the individual in achieving this goal. Using the interactive Decision Aid at the Choose My Plate website, you will use information from a case study to create a profile of an individual, and develop a plan for achieving and maintaining a normal weight through healthy diet choices and physical activities.
Please refer to the resources, as listed in the required resources section for week 3, to assist you with your work.
Your paper should be organized into two sections as outlined below.
Section One – Case Study: Using the Get Your MyPlate Plan Links to an external site.online software at the MyPlate website from the UDSA, create a profile with the information provided in the case study below.
Case Study: Jane is a 55-year-old female, who is 5’6” tall and weighs 205 pounds. She accumulates less than 30 minutes per day of moderate activity exercise. Once you have created the profile, you will receive dietary and physical activity information. Using the data from the profile you created, answer the following questions in the first section of your written paper:
• What is Jane’s Body Mass Index (BMI)?
• Is Jane underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese?
• What specific recommendations, as noted in the required resources, can we provide to improve Jane’s health (move her towards a healthier weight)?
Section Two – Behavioral Change: Complete the following three tables regarding the case study profile you developed in Section 1 of this assignment. Copy and paste your completed tables into your assignment paper.
• Table: Transtheoretical Model (TTM) of behavior changeLinks to an external site.
• Table: Health Belief Model (HBM)Links to an external site.
• Table: Comparison Table Links to an external site.(Effectiveness of the TTM and HBM in describing and analyzing strategies to move the individual towards achieving and maintaining a normal weight
• Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Cen
• Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o University Name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date Due
• Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statem
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical
• Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesi