Ethics plays an important role in learning organizations. For example, educators and administrators must adhere to certain codes of conduct and codes of ethics when dealing with students, parents, and the community.
Review the following resources:
• “Model Code of Ethics for Educators” from National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC)
• “Code of Ethics for Educators” from National Education Association (NEA)
• “Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE)” from Phillip Rogers
A transcript is available on YouTube. National Education Association’s (NEA) “Code of Ethics for Educators” and Phillip Roger’s “Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE)” are two codes of ethics for educators.
Reflect on the purpose of these codes of ethics and write a 250- to 300-word response to the following:
• How are these codes of ethics similar and different?
• Do you agree that those in learning organizations should adhere to codes of ethics such as these? Why or why not?
• How are codes of ethics different from codes of conduct? Do you feel that both are necessary? Why or why not? Provide a rationale to support your response.