8310 Week 6 Discussion 2:
Coding Scholar of Change Video #2
In Week 5, you selected one of the Scholars of Change videos to begin the coding process. For this Discussion, you will select another Scholars of Change video, different than the one you selected in Week 5, to begin coding not only your field notes but also the transcript of the video you downloaded.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review the chapters in the Saldaña text.
• Review the Introduction to Coding and From Content to Coding media programs in the Learning Resources.
• Refer back to your observational field notes from Weeks 1–4 Scholars of Change videos.
• From the remaining videos, choose a different Scholars of Change video and refer to your notes from your observation for this Discussion.
• Access the transcript you downloaded for the media program of the Scholars of Change video you selected for this Discussion.
• Begin to code the transcript and the observational field notes of the Scholar of Change video you chose. (Note: You will only need one or two codes for this Discussion, although more are acceptable.) Access the media program transcript that you downloaded for the Scholars of Change video that you chose for this Discussion.
Start to code the video’s transcript and the field notes you took while watching it. (Note: For this Discussion, you only need one or two codes, but you can use more if you want.)
Assignment Task Part 1
• In the following below In 2 pages :
• Post a brief description of the video you chose. (1pg.)
• Next, include in an example of one or two codes and provide quotes from your notes or transcript to support your example. (1/2 pg.)
• Finally, explain your reasoning for this coding. (1/2 pg.)
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
Assignment Task Part 2
In 200 words with citations:
Respond to one of your colleagues’ posts and explain how your colleague’s codes are similar or different than yours.