ESSAY ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
● Compose an essay in current APA format using a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
● Answer both questions in each essay with a minimum of 250 words for each question.
● Answer the academic questions using the concepts from the required course materials and reading assignments for this class.
● Biblical perspective questions require the use of the Bible and concepts from the course textbook. Use at least two appropriate scriptures and fully explain the use of the specific scripture. Do not list a scripture or add it to the essay without explaining its use.
● Write in a formal college-level essay style. For this assignment, you may use first person.
● Do not include the essay questions in your submission.
● Include at least one in-text citation per each of the essay questions. A minimum of one scholarly source (either our textbook or a required reading) and the Bible must be included on the reference page.
● Do not include direct textbook quotes. Instead, paraphrase information from the textbook or required readings (using in-text citations).
● Bible quotes are allowed and required.
Essay Assignment: History (Module 1)
1. Describe how habituation and sensitization might be involved in emotion regulation and addictions. Also, explain why a habitual user might continue to use even when the pleasurable effects are gone. Explain how habituation and sensitization might have something to do with controlling emotions and getting addicted. Also, explain why a regular user might keep doing it even when the effects are no longer fun.
2. How might the Bible explain the process of learning? Does God see it as important? Use concepts from the textbook and at least two scriptures to support your answer.