Container Utilization Data Project
For this project, you will be using the data provided in this module entitled “Container Analysis Data.” The purpose of this analysis is to teach you pivot tables, real world data examples, and for you to understand how to “tell a story with data!”
This is a project that I had to complete while working in the industry and is very relevant to data that would be handed to you in a real-world scenario.
When submitting this assignment, be sure to WORK ALONE, submit both the excel sheet and your word document with screen shots if necessary.
You will need the following information to complete this assignment.
Max Weight and Cube and shipping container sizes
Container Size Tare (Container) Weight Max Weight Max Cube in Meters Max Cube in Feet
20DV 5220 66430 33.2 1172
40DV 8885 62765 67.7 2390
40HC 8840 62810 76.3 2694
45HC 11130 60520 86.1 3041
*These numbers can vary but this is a good scale to go by as they will not be much different across different ocean carriers.
These are the headers that you will use to complete the project.
FEASIBLE MAX WEIGHT FEASIBLE MAX CFT FEASIBLE MAX CBM CUBE UTILIZATION PCT WEIGHT UTILIZATION PCT
You will answer the following questions:
1. What is the average cube utilization in percentage?
2. What is the average weight utilization in percentage?
3. Are we utilizing the container cube and weight efficiently?
4. Are there any areas that look particularly inefficient at container utilization?
5. What would cause the weight percentage to be high but the cube percentage to be low?
6. What would cause the cube percentage to be high and the weight percentage to be low?