CIS 635 Software Engineering Metrics, Economics, and Management
Research Paper and Optional Presentation
Each student is required to write a research paper. Presentation of the paper is optional.
1. The paper should be on a topic related to software engineering metrics, economics,
and management. If you have any doubt about your topic, ask the instructor or TA.
2. The completed research paper is due on Thursday, November 10, 2022.
3. The paper should be written in the standard research paper format that you learned
in CIS/EEC 601 (Graduate Research Seminar) with proper sections and citations.
4. The optional presentations will be on November 22, 29 and December 1, 2022.
Students may sign up on a first-come, first-served basis. A list of presenters will be
posted on Blackboard once all slots have been filled.
5. Since there are only slots for about 20 presentations, up to 10% extra credit toward
the final grade will be given for the creation and delivery of a presentation.
6. The presentation will be 15 minutes with up to 5 minutes for questions.
7. Software for presentation, such as PowerPoint, is strongly recommended, given the
8. The presentation will be graded by its contents, organization, and delivery. The
following table revised from guidelines by North Carolina department of public
instruction will be used for evaluation.
a. Contents (40%): subject knowledge
b. Organization (40%): sequence, transition, animation, etc.
c. Mechanics (10%): spelling, grammar, etc.
d. Delivery (10%): speaking, timing, etc.
9. Since presentations are optional, those who are doing presentations should submit
their slides by the end of the day on which the presentation is given. Slides do not
have to be created and submitted by those who choose not to give a presentation.
1 2 3 4
because there is
no sequence of
Student does not
have grasp of
and can answer
Student is at
answers to all
six or more
no more than five
has no more
does not end
within 2 minutes
of allowed time.
is low. Student
ends within 2
ends within 1
Student uses a
clear voice and
ends on time.