Chosen Topic: King’s Goal – Attainment Theory
• Perform a literature search in the CSUDH online databases for TWO (2) articles from peer-reviewed journals that involve the theory/model you selected.
o At least one of the articles should be a research article (involving a study with actual data and results).
o Older articles are acceptable for this assignment.
o Note: it is difficult to find research articles on Nightingale and Henderson’s theories, so you may want to avoid those.
• Describe your insights about the theory/model after reading the articles you found.
• Be sure to address the following:
o How was the theory/model used in the research study?
o Did the study involve the whole theory/model or a part of it?
o What is the implication of the research study for nursing practice?
o If the second article was not a research article, describe its purpose and how it assisted you in understanding the theory/model. Was the entire theory/model studied, or just a portion of it?
o What does the research study mean for nursing practice?
o If the second article was not a research paper, explain its purpose and how it helped you understand the theory/model.
o Would you apply this theory/model in your own nursing practice? What is your reasoning?
o Is the theory/model one that you would use in your own nursing practice? Why or why not?
Paper Details: Formatting etc.
• The paper should be written in APA 7th format
• The paper should be 2.5 pages in length excluding the title page and references.
• A title page and reference page is required (set up in APA format).
Check for Plagiarism:
• When you upload the paper, it is submitted to the plagiarism detection program called Turnitin.
• Make revisions to the paper, if your Turnitin Similarity Score is too high.
o There is no specific “acceptable” percentage of similarity. For this paper, aim for less than 18% similarity
o Look at any highlighted text and evaluate it. If what is highlighted is merely a phrase, it is acceptable
o If it is a full sentence or more, it needs to be paraphrased and cited.
o Direct quotes and references will be excluded from the similarity report by the instructor.
Note that direct quotes should be used minimally per APA style (e.g. only one quote per paper).
• Once you have completed your assignment revisions, re-submit the assignment for grading. Instructions for submission will be posted in a subsequent module.
• This assignment will be graded according the Grading Rubric
• Remember to consult the rubric as you are writing to ensure that you are addressing all elements of the assignment that will be graded.