PLEASE THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS, AND PLEASE TURNINIT SYSTEM IS INCLUDED.
Analyzing Theories of Crime
You’re an investigative reporter for a big information community. You’re engaged on a information piece figuring out how theories of crime clarify particular crimes together with the demographics of perpetrators and victims. You’re required to make a thirty-minute presentation to your producers to persuade them to run your story.
Select a selected crime from the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program on the following:
Analysis this crime utilizing your textbook, the Argosy College on-line library sources, and the Web. Remember to embrace the UCR and different crime reviews in your analysis
Primarily based in your analysis, develop a presentation that addresses the next:
- Outline the crime. Embody each the authorized definition and others as vital.
- Summarize demographics of the crime for each the perpetrators and the sufferer. Remember to cowl the next:
- Socioeconomic traits
- Different related variety points
- Select two theories of the causes of crime which were mentioned and analyzed up to now within the course; apply these theories to the chosen crime. Remember to cowl the next:
- Clarify the kind of every idea intimately.
- Talk about the event of every idea and the primary theorists related to them.
- Examine and distinction the 2 theories of crime chosen. Talk about the methods wherein they match with the crime and the precise demographics related to the crime.
- Primarily based in your analysis, develop your personal speculation of the reason for this crime. Utilizing the theories that you’ve chosen, you may develop your personal “mixture” idea.
- Give legitimate causes and scholarly, peer-reviewed sources in assist of your idea.
You’re allowed to current your idea in first particular person; nonetheless, watch out to not abuse this privilege.
Your presentation ought to embrace the next:
- A title slide and a reference slide (these won’t depend in direction of the full variety of slides).
- No less than 5 sentences of speaker notes for every part to make clear something not included within the slides. (As it is a presentation the slides ought to cowl the details and the small print must be lined within the speaker’s notes.) The speaker notes must be correctly referenced.
Develop a 10–15-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Apply APA requirements to quotation of sources.
Grading Standards and Rubric
|Project 2 Grading Standards||
|Present definitions of the crime. Embody each the authorized definition and different definitions that you simply discover in your analysis.||
|Draw from the UCR and different crime reviews to summarize demographics of the crime for each the perpetrators and the sufferer. Embody particulars about gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic traits, and different related variety points.||
|Clarify the kind of every idea.||
|Talk about the event of every idea and the primary theorists related to every.||
|Examine and distinction the 2 theories of crime chosen. Talk about the methods wherein they match with the crime and the precise demographics which are related to the crime.||
|Primarily based in your analysis, develop your personal speculation of the reason for this crime. Utilizing the theories that you’ve chosen, you may develop your personal “mixture” idea. Give legitimate causes and sources in assist of your idea.||
Utilization and mechanics (12)
APA components (16)