Two Film Reviews. Students are required to watch a historical fiction film that addresses
a topic in this course, and then write a brief paper about the film.
All reviews must include:
– A summary of the movie (approximately 300-500 words)
– How this movie fits the overall theme of our class (Be specific!)
– Your general thoughts on the movie (Did you like it? Why or why not?)
– The reception of the movie at the time of its release. (Did people like it? Why or why
not? Be sure to cite your sources.)
– The historical accuracy (or lack thereof) in the Film. You must be very specific here.
Provide concrete examples as to why the Film is or is not historically accurate.
(approximately 300-500 words)
• You may find that some elements of the Film are historically accurate, while
others are not. Address that in your paper!
Your review should be 3 – 5 pages long, typed, double-spaced, 12-point font, Times
Roman. All movie reviews are due in Canvas by the day and time also listed in Canvas.
attempt to submit an extra credit review late and have not received prior approval from
instructor, your submission will NOT be accepted.
Possible Movies to Choose From*:
1. Hidden Figures (2016)
2. Selma (2014)
3. Malcolm X (1992)
4. Loving (2016)
5. Milk (2008)
6. All the President’s Men (1976)
7. The Big Short (2015)
8. The Trial of the Chicago 7 (2020)